The Foreskin and Circumcision
Facts You Need To Make An Informed Decision
Circumcision is a very personal choice that is permanent and lifelong. The American Academy of Pediatrics does not advocate circumcision for all male neonates, but strongly recommends parental education and the use of analgesics and anesthetics when circumcision is performed. All aspects and ramifications of such a procedure – including religious beliefs, social norms, and medical pros and cons -- should be considered.
Official Policy Statements, Recommendations, and Research
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- British Journal of Urology
- American Cancer Society
- Canadian Pediatric Society
- American Psychological Association
- Royal Dutch Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- and more!
- Foreskin facts
- Circumcision methods
- Pain relief options
- Proper intact care
- Culturally sensitive considerations
- Medical research
- Legal standpoints
Cost for this 2.5 hour class is complimentary. Donations are accepted.